Basic Instructor’s certification for educational programs that use the Emergo Train System® [ETS]
The Basic Instructor Course [BIC] is the first stage of training, for anyone wishing to become a member of the Emergogreece training team.
The BIC are intended to provide Basic Instructors [BI] candidates with the theoretical background of the pedagogical process, that lies behind every workshop’s design and implementation.
After their certification, BIs will be able to handle the Emergo Train System [ETS] from the role of the instructor, and in collaboration with a Senior Instructor [SI] to design and implement simulated Medical Disasters and Mass Casualty Incident [MSI] exercises – workshops.
Number of participants
Eighteen  at the Emergogreece eLearning Course [iWoC] and twelve  at the Basic Instructor Course [BIC].
The trainees, can participate in the distance learning [iWoW] alone, without registering in the clinical course [BIC]. In this case, they will given the right to participate in a future course with precedence, in a period of two  years.
Sixty euros  for the theoretical part [iWoC] and one hundred euros  for the hands on part [BIC]. Successful completion of eLearning is prerequisite for the participation at the hands on part. [10% discount for HSPC’s members]
The program is addressed to anyone who wishes to get involved in the design and implementation of workshop’s educational process.
The potential instructors must be a clinicians and they have to be referred by a Senior Instructor of Emergogreece’ s team.
Non-clinical practitioners that have experience in disaster management and they have attended at least one Workshop Course [WoC] with excellent performance, can be certified as BI, too.
Emergogreece educational team already has 110 certified BIs, including:
- Police officers
- Civil protection personnel
- Executives of organizations and bodies
HSEPC Learning Management Platform [LMP]
Duration of eLearning training
Course duration is two  weeks/ Approximately sixteen  educational hours are needed for successful completion.
Hands on training
Three  days course/ Twenty  educational hours in total.
Certification is provided by Hellenic Society of Emergency Prehospital Care [HSEPC].
Thirteen  Credits for Professional Development [CPD] are accredited by Panhellenic Medical Association for all the trainers and the trainees.
The certification is a prerequisite for everyone who wish to participate at a Senior Instructor Course [SIC] in Greece or intentionally.
Duration of certification
In order to preserve their educational status the BIs must participate at two  WoC and successfully complete a free eLearning course for Instructors every calendar year.
Potential BIs should have excellent knowledge of the theoretical scope of Medical Disasters and MCIs management, and be effective and efficient trainers as well.
The aim of the training program is to provide these theoretical and practical skills to the potential members of Emergogreece’s faculty team.
First part: Two  weeks/ Twelve  hours of theoretical knowledge through the Emergogreece eLearning Course [iWoC] and additional BIC eLearning modules
- Management of Medical Disasters and Mass Casualty Incidents [MCI]
- Description of doctrine CSCAT3
- Treatment & Transportation
- Managing Medical Disasters and MCIs in the Hospital
- History of ETS
- ETS as a pedagogical concept
- ETS Prehospital usage
- ETS Inhospital usage
- ETS strategical usage
- Efficient teaching skills for health care professionals
- Managing behaviours during educational courses
- Structure and functionality of the HSEPC’s Learning Management Platform [LMP]
Second part: Three  days / Twenty  hours of hands on training through Basic Instructor Course [BIC] and participation at a WoC as potential BI.
1st day: Four  hours. Educational modules:
- Pedagogical background of the Emergo Train System [ETS]
- Design and implementation of a successful WoC
- Policies and rules for Emergogreece Educational Programs
2nd day: Eight  hours.
- The trainees will participate in a 1st day of a WoC with the role of potential BI, next to an experienced BI and under the guidance of a Senior Instructor.
3d day: Eight  hours.
- The trainees will participate in a 2nd day of a WoC with the role of potential BI, next to an experienced BI and under the guidance of a Senior Instructor.